NewGel+ Beige Silicone Abdomen Strip for Scars
Item number: NG-164
Uses: Designed for use on post-operative incision scars in the abdominal area such as scars from Caesarean-sections (C-Section) and abdominoplasty (tummy-tuck).
- Developed by doctors for use in hospitals and clinics, NewGel+ Abdomen Strips are specially formulated medical grade silicone gel sheeting, clinically proven to reduce, flatten, fade and smooth scars – both old and new.
- NewGel+ Abdomen Strips offer a safe, effective, non-invasive method to manage and improve scars in the abdominal area. They can be worn beneath undergarments.
- NewGel+ Abdomen Strips work through a combination of occlusion (seals the scar from exposure to air/bacteria), hydration, elevated skin temperature and continuous light pressure.
- Positive results can be seen in as little as 3 weeks.
- Beige backing is thicker and slightly more durable than the clear backing. Clear backing is thinner and more conformable. Both are equally effective and contain the same amount of silicone.
- Contains no latex.
- Made in the U.S.A.
Size: Each package contains one 2 inch x 24 inch (5.1 cm x 61.0 cm) abdomen strip
Ingredients: Medical Grade Polymerized Siloxanes (Silicone Gel) with a Lycra (Spandex) backing
- Begin using NewGel+ when scar is closed and/or sutures have been removed. Do not use on any open wound.
- Remove NewGel+ from the package. If needed, cut and trim so that it extends at least 1/2 inch (1 centimeter) beyond the area to be treated.
- Wash and dry the area being treated every time you apply NewGel+.
- Peel off release liner and apply NewGel+, adhesive side down, directly on area being treated.
- Make sure the scar site is free of creams, lotions and ointments (including NewGel+E gel) as they will cause NewGel+ to lose adhesiveness.
- Although NewGel+ is self-adhesive, if needed, it can be secured with our NewGel+ Tape or NewGel+ Elastic Netting
- NewGel+ sheeting should be worn every day for 6 to 23 hours. For best results it can be worn continuously but should be removed once per day for inspection of the site and to allow the site to be washed and dried.
- NewGel+ should be worn every day for a minimum of 2 months. Additional improvement may occur with continued use up to 6 months.
- When NewGel+ becomes dirty or loses adhesiveness, wash gently with tap water and mild hand soap then air-dry before reapplying.
- If you have highly sensitive skin, begin using NewGel+ for 4 hours per day for the first 4 days to determine any possible reaction. Thereafter, increase usage time.
- NewGel+ should be replaced when it deteriorates, disintegrates or will no longer stick. Each piece should last 3 to 4 weeks.
- Keep packaging for storage of the product when not in use.
For Optimal Results:
- Use NewGel+ sheeting as your primary treatment and NewGel+E gel when sheeting would be inconvenient or hard to secure.
- Do not use both products at the same time.
- Do not begin using NewGel+ until your scar site is completely closed (sutures removed, no oozing)
- As with any product applied directly to the skin, some type of reaction (rash) may occur in people with sensitive skin.
- If a reaction occus, wash and dry the area and reapply the product for shorter periods.
- If a rash or serious itching continues, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children.